Don’t look now, but the New York Rangers are just four points out of a playoff spot. Can this team find its way into the postseason? The Blueshirts will get reinforcements Thursday when Igor Shesterkin returns to man the net. They also have help on the way as Vitali Kravtsov is practicing with the team and could get game action soon.
There’s all of that and more to discuss on a brand new episode of the “Up In The Blue Seats” podcast with Ron Duguay and Mollie Walker, featuring chats with Larry Brooks and former Ranger Pete Stemkowski.
Up In The Blue Seats Podcast with Ron Duguay & Mollie Walker:
- VITALI KRAVTSOV: Practicing with the Rangers. What does he bring to the team? When may he appear in games?
- PLAYOFFS: Should the Rangers be in the playoff conversation?
YOU GOT MAIL: Up In The Blue Seats listeners leave voicemails for Ron and Mollie. Callers ask Ron about his hair changes, his time coaching, winning faceoffs, his top moments playing with the Rangers, whether the nets should be bigger and the goal posts expanded.
Larry Brooks Interview:
NY Post Rangers beat writer
- WINNING WAYS: Rangers are a different team when Mika Zibanejad and Artemi Panarin are at the top of their game. Should the Rangers keep Ryan Strome or trade him? What should we expect from the Rangers against the Flyers?
- KRAVTSOV: There’s a logjam up top and at the bottom six, too.
Pete Stemkowski Interview:
Former Rangers center (1970-77)
- FACEOFFS: Pete was great at them. Rangers have struggled this season. How do they fix that problem?
- ADAM FOX: Any relation to Brian Leetch’s game? Do Rangers need to make a trade at the deadline? Whom should the Rangers captain be?
- 1970s MEMORIES: Off the ice life in NYC in the 70s. Ron replacing him. Going to Il Vagabando on Monday nights and seeing famous people there.
Catch up on all episodes of “Up In The Blue Seats,” a New York Rangers podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. New episodes will be released every Thursday.